Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting Closer to Fine


Listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY1Bl4nfpdA&feature=related


...to a great 4 minute video of the Indigo Girls ...a wonderful 'time out' for you no matter how busy you are talking - sharing - doing - performing - clearing you inbox- working - parenting - serving others. Great mystics always ask "how can you refresh yourself if all you do is give? Is there no time for listening?"

I have a coaching client who's been pretty sick these past few years. In her mid 30's with a couple of kids and a drat diagnosis that "isn't getting better" so she's been told.

So she brings me one of her favorite albums and says there must be some mistake with the lyrics in the song Closer to Fine.



"I went to the doctor, I went to the mountains.
I looked to the children, I drank from the fountain.
There's more than one answer to these questions,
pointing me in a crooked line...

and the less I seek my source for some definitive,

the closer I am to fine.

yeahhhhh


The closer I am to fine..."

Wait a minute...the less I seek my source for some definitive the closer I am to fine??


How can that be when almost all we've been taught to know says we must find those answers to the questions of life - and we better 'get it right' too!

"A+ for you young lady." (Don't want to fail now, do ya?)

This is 6th chakra territory where insight and pain sit side by side - and only the trusting dare enter.

My question to you is can you go inside yourself and find your way, even when "they" say you can't, or you'll never make it, or worse??

I won't coach you here, but refer you instead to Rainer Maria Rilke when he says...



I beg you...to have patience with everything
unresolved in your heart


and try to love the questions themselves as if
they were locked rooms or books
written in a very foreign language.

Don't search for the answers, which could not be given you now,
because you would not be able to live them,
and the point is, to live everything.

Live the questions now.

Perhaps then, someday far in the future,

you will gradually, without even noticing it,
live your way into the answer...
May you find the spirit of adventure in your own journey today, no matter it's contents...
Smile-on!
oooooohhhhhhhmmmmm

No comments: