Fears. What do they look like? How do they show up? Are they the same for everyone?
Apparently not, but that doesn't mean we don't all have them.
I researched our worst fears and found everything from a to z...
- being alone for the rest of my life
- not being able to raise my family in this financial climate
- big dogs
- being on a plane and getting sick (if you can relate, see the My Fearless Flyer Audio Program. I created this one just for you...)
- being in a house on fire
- getting lost
- getting old
- deep water
- the dark
- being without emotion for anything in life
- losing my children
- getting a disease
- losing respect for myself
Once you have your list, consider this insight from the wise teacher Pema Chodron:
“Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth.”Ahhh...truth.
More from me on that idea as we continue this series. Meanwhile, what does facing fear look like to you?
photo credit: Bob Alba